Last year, my husband deployed right before Christmas. So, to help distract my kids, I made a huge Christmas scavenger hunt.
And they LOVED it!
They had so much fun with it that I decided to do it again this year.
My girls popped out of bed every morning ready to check the calendar and follow the clues to find their prize.
Here are the scavenger hunt clues:
KESOTE 24 Empty Advent Calendar Boxes to Fill, Christmas Advent Calendar 2023 for Adults Kids Countdown to Christmas Gift Box Party Favor BoxCreative Hobbies 25 Drawer Wooden Advent Calendar, DIY Unfinished Storage Box, Ready to Decorate, Pre Assembled, Storage OrganizerProject Life Christmas Wishes Value Kit
Fill-in-the-Blank Scavenger Hunt Clues
- Coming up with these clues has been such a hassle. Let’s start off easy – check underneath the __________ (castle).
- Elves have a lot of fun turning knobs and pulling handles. Your surprise is hiding behind a row of __________ (candles).
- The children were nestled in their beds, all cozy and snug. Another clue is hiding beneath a __________ (rug).
- Santa knows each reindeers’ name. Find the next clue behind a __________ __________ (picture frame).
- Comet and Vixen are old pros, they are surely not rookies. The thing that you seek is where we keep the __________ (cookies).
- The next clue is out of sight, it is hidden beneath. Look under a circle decoration known as a __________ (wreath.)
- Around the Christmas tree, we will soon be rocking, but first you should look inside one of the __________ (stockings).
- You’ve found a lot of clues – the pile is getting larger and larger. Perhaps check the place where we keep a __________ __________ (phone charger).
- Santa is handsome in his merry red suit. Check the place where we keep the veggies and __________ (fruit).
- When looking for an elf, you have to loop up higher. To find this next clue in the __________ (dryer).
- You are gathering quite a clue collection. The next clue is hiding where you can see your __________ (reflection).
- I am so glad that you found Me! Perhaps you should take a look up under the Christmas __________ (tree).
- Some of these clues are hard, they’ll really make you think. Find the next one hiding underneath the __________ (sink).
- Rudolph led Santa’s sleigh because he was willing and able. The next clue is hiding under a __________ (table.)
- To be on the nice list, you can’t be a grouch. However, to find the next clue, look around the __________ (couch).
- You’ve been through so many clues, but you’re at it still. You’ll find your prize hiding in daddy’s __________ (grill).
- Christmas isn’t just about gifts, but the moments we share. Look for your next clue under the __________ __________ (rocking chair.)
- Opening presents is better than a chore. To find the next clue, look near the __________ __________ (front door).
Rhyming Scavenger Hunt Clues
- Here is the first of many clever clues. Work together and you can’t lose. Start your search where you just took a snooze. (The clue was stuck to the side of their bunk beds.)
- You did it again. You are hot to trot. Look in a place where a snack hits the spot. (Taped inside of the snack cabinet.)
- Jingle Bells and Frosty are favorite holiday tunes. Another clue is hiding with the knives, forks, and spoons. (The clue was in the silverware drawer.)
- Run, run, run…to where the laundry is done. (Stuck to the side of the washing machine.)
- Where would you go to get something if you wanted to snuggle and get nice and cozy. (The clue was in a basket full of blankets and throws.)
- These clues are too easy. You know them right out of the gate. But tell me…what’s your favorite state? (In a book called ‘Weird Texas.)
- I hope this clue doesn’t get you stuck. Check around the window where you can see the truck. (Taped to the bottom of the blinds.)
- The clues are out, haven’t you heard? Another one in a book about a bird. (The next clue was inside the book the Goldfinch.)
Coded Scavenger Hunt Clues
To change things up a little this year, I created a coded scavenger hunt clues. To make it easy for the kids, I made a Code Key and they had to use it to decipher certain clues.
I kept it pretty simple, by assigning each letter a number.
The girls liked these, but they were too easy for them. Next year, I’ll have to figure out something a little harder.
The 2022 Christmas scavenger hunt clues were a success! The girls had so much fun finding their surprises every morning.
Putting together this scavenger hunt was time-consuming, but I’m so glad I did it. I hope that it will be a memory that my daughters always treasure.
They are 10 and 11 this year. So, I’m running out of time when they are still excited about these things, and I’ll never regret taking advantage of that as much as possible.